As of Fall 2019, ResNet has been discontinued by Pitt Main. PCs in dorms can now be connected to the internet via the following:
- Plug your ethernet cable into your PC.
- An authentication prompt will appear. Enter your Pitt username (WITHOUT @pitt.edu) and your password.
- If your status is "Connected", you are now set.
If you get an error message after trying this method, you can resolve it via the following:
- Download the "ResNet Connect Utility" at http://www4.upj.pitt.edu/PJIThelp/ onto your PC (via wireless, USB drive, etc) and run it. Ignore the warning about the expired license, it is still a current version.
- Use the manual connection instructions at https://www.technology.pitt.edu/help-desk/how-to-documents/connect-pitt-... Remember to download the certificates at the top of the instructions for each operating system.
- If you have internet access (via wireless), download Windows Updates, restart your PC, and try again.
- Disable firewalls and antivirus temporarily before attempting to connect again.
- Reset your Pitt password at (412) 624-4357 to update your account synchronization with the network.
If you continue to have problems, you can get in-person support at the help desk, Blackington 228.
For gaming devices (consoles, smart TVs, Roku, etc) you will first need to register your device with Pitt: https://www.technology.pitt.edu/gaming