The Pitt-Johnstown Nursing and Health Sciences Division prepare students for rewarding careers in healthcare with nationally recognized instruction, our state-of-the-art Nursing and Health Sciences Building, and a variety of programs, including:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- RN Options-BSN or BSN with Early Admission to MSN or DNP
- School Nurse Certificate
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Care
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management and Supervision (previously the Bachelor of Science in Health Related Professions)
Through the Division of Nursing and Health Sciences, Pitt-Johnstown maintains cooperative relationships with healthcare facilities in the greater Johnstown area and in the surrounding counties of west and south-central Pennsylvania. Locally, these relationships include Memorial Medical Center, Chan Soon-Shiong Medical Center, Chan Soon-Shiong Research Institute and UPMC Altoona.
Pitt-Johnstown nursing students make significant contributions within the community.
- Nursing and allied health students provided 200 clinical hours to Area Agency on Aging senior centers in Somerset, Cambria, Westmoreland and Indiana counties.
- The students worked more than 800 hours at the Free Medical Clinic, providing support to Cambria County's medically underserved.
Projects involving the Pitt-Johnstown chapter of the Student Nurses Association of Pennsylvania (SNAP) included the providing of therapy dogs for stress management for students, providing financial support to scholarship funds at Pitt-Johnstown, and senior fair work.
Nursing students have a formalized channel through which they assist with meeting healthcare needs of our region by chartering a new club, the Pitt-Johnstown Red Cross Club.
Allied Health Programs Department
111 Biddle Hall
Visit the bookstore for all of your textbook, apparel and merchandise necessities!