Pitt-Johnstown’s academic advising involves a developmental teaching process in which an advisor and an advisee (student) enter into a collaborative, growth-oriented relationship.
- All full-time students who have declared a major are assigned a faculty advisor during their first term. Students in pre-Business participate in group advising and are assigned an individual advisor when declaring a concentration during the second term of their sophomore year.
- All full-time students who are undecided/undeclared are assigned an academic advisor from the Academic Success Center during their first term.
Your faculty advisor will help you:
- With program planning, course selection, and scheduling
- To develop, clarify and evaluate your educational plans and goals
- To identify and explore alternative opportunities
- To assess the potential outcomes of your decisions