University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

Admitted Students

Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown!

Senior Academic Division Days

Come and discover what sets Pitt-Johnstown apart! Meet our outstanding faculty and current students, get a taste of what it's like to be in our classrooms by sitting in on simulations and presentations that showcase our academic strengths and unique programs, and learn how our graduates are prepared for success in the real world.

Academic Planning Days

Academic Planning Days (APDs) are a Pitt-Johnstown tradition. Meet faculty, staff, and other current and future Mountain Cats. Your APD will include information on academic, social, and personal resources and the opportunity to review and discuss your fall class schedule.

Next Steps: Let the world know you’re #pittjohnstownbound!

  • STAY CONNECTED: log into using the credentials sent to you by Pitt IT, search and bookmark the Johnstown Campus Resource Center.
  • APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID: All eligible students are encouraged Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (Our code is 008815) online at
  • EXPERIENCE PITT-JOHNSTOWN: Visit to connect with admission staff and faculty, and tour the campus!
  • COMMIT TO PITT: Make it official! Secure your seat by submitting your $100 tuition deposit at

Admitted Student FAQs

How do I commit to Pitt-Johnstown and submit my $100 tuition deposit?

A $100 check or money order and your Intent to Enroll form can be mailed to the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. Go to to pay online.

How do I activate login?

Students can activate their credentials here. For other login issues please contact

When will I receive my Pitt email account?

Your email account will be created within 48 hours after you submit your tuition deposit. Activation instructions will be sent to the email address provided on your application for admission.

How will my financial aid offer be sent?

Financial aid offers will only be sent electronically to students via their account. Offers can be viewed at Please remember to activate your account..

What placement assessments do I need to complete?

All new students will need to complete the ALEKS Math Placement Assessment as part of their academic onboarding. The assessment assists in preparing your academic schedule. Exemptions can be issued by your Academic Division based upon AP exam scores or college math credit transferred in.

When and where should I submit my college in high school, dual-enrollment transcripts or AP exam scores?

We encourage you to submit official transcripts and scores as soon as possible once the college courses or AP exams have been completed.  Please request official documents be sent to the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown.  Preliminary transfer credit evaluations can be requested here.

When will I receive my schedule of classes?

Students can expect to receive their schedule of classes at the Academic Planning Day during the summer.

When should I schedule an appointment as a new student to see my academic advisor?

Our advisor will be one of the most influential people during your college career. New students will have the opportunity to meet with faculty advisors during one of the summer Academic Planning Days. Once you start the fall term, you should meet with your advisor within the first three weeks of the semester. Academic advising is an ongoing process, and your advisor will help define your academic or career goals and help you choose courses.

Am I required to live on campus?

The university requires full-time first-year students to live on campus for four consecutive semesters. Student who reside with parent(s) or legal guardian, and live within a commuting distance of 50 miles from Pitt-Johnstown are exempt. Additional exemptions can be found on the Residency Requirement page.

Can I bring a vehicle to campus?

Yes, students can bring a vehicle to campus. All vehicles must be registered with the Office of Campus Police

How do I request a change of major?

Students can request a change of major by submitting the New Student Change of Major Form. Once a student enrolls at Pitt-Johnstown, they will then complete major changes through the Registrar’s Office.