University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

Business Office


COVID-19 Information:

Federal CARES Act 

Charles Kunkle Emergency Loan Fund

Purchasing & Travel Guide 

COVID-19 Operations Updates:

The Business Office remains open, but is temporarily closed to in person service.  During this time, payments should be mailed or made online by credit card or echeck in PittPAY. A drop box is conveniently located outside the Business Office, 125 Blackington Hall. This can be used to submit payments and other important documents.  There is also a campus mail slot located at the Post Office in the Student Union.  We are looking forward to resuming our in person customer service you have come to rely on, as soon as it is safe to do so.   In the meantime please call either 814-269-7036 or 814-269-7037 to reach us by phone or email us at

2020-2021 Tuition and Fees

The Flex @ Pitt model allows students to choose the course delivery option that best fits their needs. No matter how we deliver our courses, the unparalleled value of a Pitt education and the expertise of our world-class faculty remain unchanged. Despite rising fixed costs, the University is holding tuition, as well as room and board rates, flat for the 2020-21 academic year. While most fees are also being held flat, at the recommendation of our student government boards—and recognizing many in-person activities are not able to take place this year—we are reducing the Student Activity fees this year across all five campuses by 20%.
Students can drop all of their courses and have their tuition and fees reversed through the end of the add/drop period, which has been extended due to COVID-19. Thereafter, their tuition and fee charges will be prorated in accordance with the University’s policy.

The Pitt-Johnstown Business Office, conveniently located in Blackington Hall, offers a variety of services for students and parents.

In addition to maintaining all student financial information, business office staff are available to: answer questions about student accounts and payment options; process payments for parking permits and tuition; and maintain Mountain Cat Cash accounts.

Frequently Asked Questions

When will I know what I owe the university and when it will be due?

Fall term email notifications will be sent on July 29, 2020. We do not mail any paper statements. The notification will direct students and authorized users to PittPAY where they can view their itemized statement and total balance due. The balance will be due in full on September 16, 2020. If you receive an email notification from PittPAY, please log into your account to see what is owed. We do not send notifications if the balance is paid in full.

My employer is reimbursing me for my class. What should I do with the Term Statement?

Your employer can pay the bill directly, or you can be reimbursed for your payment. Check with your employer to determine the best option.

Where do I get a form stating that I am a full-time student for health insurance purposes?

All requests should be made with the Registrar's Office at 814-269-7055.

What happens when a check is returned Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) from the bank?

All NSF checks will result in a service charge of $25 per check and a financial hold will be placed on the account until the balance is paid.

Where do I make a name or address change?

You can update your address by either of these options:

  • Log into and select Self Service
  • Contact the Registrar's Office at 814-269-7055

Is there a charge for an unpaid tuition balance?

Yes, if a balance is not paid by the due date, a late fee will be applied each month the account goes unpaid.


I have a private scholarship that does not appear as a deduction on my statement. What should I do?

If you have the scholarship check in your possession, mail it to the Business Office, along with the remittance slip on your term statement and any additional payment due. If your scholarship agency requires a billing statement from Pitt-Johnstown other than the statement posted in PittPAY, enclose a letter from your agency authorizing Pitt-Johnstown to bill the agency for payment. You may then deduct the amount of the scholarship from what you owe.


I would like to add/delete/change my meal plan. Can I just make the changes in PittPAY?

First, you must contact the Dining Services office at 814-269-1900. Upon receiving their approval, your Account Activity screen in PittPAY will be updated.


I would like to add/delete/change my residence hall status. Can I just make the changes on PittPAY?

First, you must contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at 814-269-7115. Upon receiving their approval, the Account Activity screen in PittPAY will update.


I have been charged non-PA tuition, but I think I qualify as a Pennsylvania resident. What should I do?

Please contact the Registrar's Office at 814-269-7055.


What do I do if my financial aid is not approved, or is in verification, and my account balance is due?

You may pay your entire balance in full or you may enroll in the optional payment plan and pay monthly installments of your total balance to prevent late fees.


I just got my refund check and I really don't need it. I would like to send it back to the lender.

You can return the refund check to the Business Office along with a completed "Request to Return Loan Funds Letter." This letter is required by your lender so that they can properly apply the funds to your outstanding loan.


I am expecting a student refund. What is the process?

In accordance with federal regulations, the University cannot begin processing refunds until ten days before the official starting date of the term.

Refunds cannot be mailed until funds are received and credited to your account. If you are signed up for direct deposit, your refund will be deposited into your account within 2 to 3 business days after your credit is processed. Otherwise, a refund check will be automatically generated and sent to you at your home mailing address in 7 to 10 business days.


How do I add money to my Pitt-Johnstown Mountain Cat Cash account?

Payments can be made online by visiting the Mountain Cat Cash page. If you would like to pay with paper check or cash, please stop by the Business Office in 125 Blackington Hall. We also take credit card payments over the phone at 814-269-7040.


I did not get a 1098-T form for my taxes.

Please visit our 1098T page for information on accessing your form online.


Why isn’t my $150 housing deposit deducted from my fall balance?

Housing deposits are deducted from the spring term and the tuition deposit is deducted from the fall term.


How do I accept my Financial Aid?

All students must accept their loans and/or work study awards online as soon as possible – but no later than July 20 – to ensure it is listed as anticipated aid on their Fall statement.

This is a requirement for all students receiving financial aid. If loans are not accepted online, they will not show on the student's account.

Accepting or declining loans/work study is done online by logging into and selecting Student Center Login.

An instruction video can be found here