Here is a sample of some of the recent research, scholarship, and creative activities supported by the President’s Mentorship Fund for Faculty-Student Scholarship.
- Dr. James Alexander with students Matthew Kirk, Dylan Lahm, & John Richard: Word Crimes: The Trials of Lenny Bruce
- Dr. John Thompson with students Ian Vescovi: Defensive Worth Statistic and Bootstrapping Confidence Intervals
- Dr. Timothy Evans with students Cara Lang: Large-Scale Syntheses and Analyses of the Structural Characteristics of G Quadruplex Structures from the 5’-Untranslated Region of Human Protein-Coding Messenger Ribonucleic Acids
- Dr. Christine Dahlin & Dr. Jill Henning with students Corinne Bozich: An investigation of West Nile disease prevalence in Pennsylvania
- Dr. Jeremy Justus with students Louis Stutz: Creating a Searchable Database of Humanities Division Syllabi
- Dr. Alan Teich, Dr. Ilya Yaroslavsky with students Wendy Miller, Harrison O’Connor, Katarzyna Wojnos: Travel to the Association for Psychological Science Conference
- Dr. John Mullennix, Dr. Steve Stern, Dr. Ilya Yaroslavsky with students Chelsea Chobany, Chelsea Fallier, Mario Fiorca, Elijah Lawrence, Nicholas Malloy, Nicole Wagner: Travel to the Eastern Psychological Association Conference
- Dr. Kristen Majocha with student Sally Haluska Presenting a student research paper at the James C. McCroskey and Virginia P. Richmond Undergraduate Scholars Conference at the Eastern Communication Association’s Annual Convention
- Dr. Thomas Malosh with students Joshua Doverspike, Evan Sawyer, Mitchell Stibbard: Novel binuclear ruthenium(I) carbonyl carboxylate complexes bearing N-heterocyclic-carbene ligands as catalysts for the hydrogenation of acetophenone
- Dr. Andrew Rose with students Donald Knieriem: California Bearing Ratio (CBR) Test of Pitt-Johnstown Campus Soils for Use in Pavement Design Applications
- Dr. Sharon Bertsch, Dr. Rebecca Webb with student Stephanie Bange: Morphological and Gene Expression Abnormalities in Larval Chironomidae (Diptera) as Indicators of Stress Responses to Chronic Fluoxetine Exposure
- Dr. Rebecca Webb with students Katherine Rosenbaum, Damian Mosher, Muranda Maurer: Morphological and gene expression abnormalities in larval Chironomidae (Diptera) as indicators of stress responses to chronic metal exposures.
- Dr. Timothy Evans with students Ethan Stern, Christina Monnie: Analyses of the structural and stability properties of G quadruplex structures from the 5’-untranslated region of human protein-coding messenger ribonucleic acids
- Elizabeth D. Katrancha with students John Coxey: Utility of Tai Chi exercises in improving center of balance and falls efficacy in community dwelling older adults.
- Dr. Ilya Yaroslavsky and Dr. Sharon Bertsch with students Katarzyna Wojnas, Harrison O’Connor: From the laboratory to real life: mood, mood repair, and depression in the day-to-day lives of students.
- Dr. Thomas Malosh with students Joshua Doverspike, Kayla Harvey, Evan Sawyer: Novel binuclear ruthenium(I) carbonyl carboxylate complexes bearing N-heterocyclic-carbene ligands as catalysts for the hydrogenation of acetophenone
- Dr. Jill Henning with students Dylan DeGol: Surveillance of Avian Influenza in waterfowl (Family Anas) within Erie and Mercer Counties, Pennsylvania
- Dr. Kristen Majocha with students Antony Harris, Brianna Aultz, Luke Trotz, Caleb Love, Kayla Ceryak, Jordan Kohler, Christy Lambert, Sally Huluska, Jennifer Martin, Justin Kubiak: Communication Student Research Paper Presentations at the Pennsylvania Communication Association’s 2013 Conference.