ALERT: Effect Monday March 16, To protect the health and safety of our community and in an effort reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Zamias Aquatic Center will be closed until further notice. Parents/Guardians will be contacted regarding upcoming swim lessons that have been canceled.
The Zamias Aquatic Center (ZAC) on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is adjacent to the campus' state-of-the-art athletic complex, and features a 25-yard pool, men’s and women’s locker rooms and showers, a workout and weight room, and an outdoor patio.
The center offers classes in swimming, water aerobics, Red Cross Lifeguard Training, Red Cross Instructor Training and SCUBA certification.
The ZAC will open on January 6, 2020. Individuals and families may purchase swim passes for open swim for the price of $99/Individual and $150/Family. Passes are good through April 17, 2019. Daily passes are available for the price of $10/day. Individuals holding swim passes will receive a 10% discount on water aerobics classes.
Follow Us on FaceBook @UPJpool for the most up-to-date information
Links and Resources
- February Pool Schedule (1-31-20)
- March Pool Schedule (2-26-20)
- Swim Application Form
- Lifeguard Training Class
- 2019 Aquatic Class Application/Release Form »
- Red Cross Aquatic Information »
- Pool Rules
The lifeguard is on duty to prevent accidents and provide for your safety. Please respect their judgment in enforcing rules and regulations. Anyone violating these rules will be asked to leave the pool area. Swimmers who have any serious or potentially serious medical conditions should notify the lifeguard on duty.Please shower before entering the pool. Diving is NOT PERMITTED (enter feet-first)
An emergency phone is located on the pool deck.
- Please refrain from running, flips, horseplay and prolonged breath holding in the water
- Food, chewing gum, beverages, and tobacco are not permitted in the pool area
- Please do not hang on the lane lines
- Please return all equipment to the proper area
- Bathing suits are required (no cut-offs, leotards, etc.)
- Spectators, please do not wear shoes in the pool area
- Please do not bring balls, inner tubes, rafts and snorkels into the pool area
- People who have open sores, communicable diseases or diarrhea are not permitted to use the pool
- Children, not toilet trained, must wear swim diapers
- Swimming is not permitted unless a lifeguard is on duty
- All accidents must be reported to the lifeguard on duty
- Non-swimmers must stay in the shallow end of the pool and wear a lifejacket if a parent or guardian is not within arms-reach
- You are not permitted to use the facility if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Pool capacity is 65 people
- All children under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent
- Only approved flotation devices are permitted