The Zamias Aquatic Center on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is adjacent to the campus' state-of-the-art athletic complex, and features a 25-yard pool, men’s and women’s locker rooms and showers, a workout and weight room, and an outdoor patio.
The center offers classes in swimming, water aerobics, Red Cross Lifeguard Training, Red Cross Instructor Training and SCUBA certification.
Coming Soon: On October 22, 2019 from 5:00-9:00 PM we will host swim lesson sign-up night. Stay tuned for more information regarding lessons.
Begining on November 3, 2019 Water Aerobics with Lisa Ursino will begin a new session on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Links and Resources
- Fall 2019 Offerings »
- October Pool Schedule »
- Swim Application Form
- Water Aerobics
- Swim Pass
- Lifeguard Training Class
- 2019 Aquatic Class Application/Release Form »
- Red Cross Aquatic Information »
- Pool Rules
The lifeguard is on duty to prevent accidents and provide for your safety. Please respect their judgment in enforcing rules and regulations. Anyone violating these rules will be asked to leave the pool area. Swimmers who have any serious or potentially serious medical conditions should notify the lifeguard on duty.Please shower before entering the pool. Diving is NOT PERMITTED (enter feet-first)
An emergency phone is located on the pool deck.
- Please refrain from running, flips, horseplay and prolonged breath holding in the water
- Food, chewing gum, beverages, and tobacco are not permitted in the pool area
- Please do not hang on the lane lines
- Please return all equipment to the proper area
- Bathing suits are required (no cut-offs, leotards, etc.)
- Spectators, please do not wear shoes in the pool area
- Please do not bring balls, inner tubes, rafts and snorkels into the pool area
- People who have open sores, communicable diseases or diarrhea are not permitted to use the pool
- Children, not toilet trained, must wear swim diapers
- Swimming is not permitted unless a lifeguard is on duty
- All accidents must be reported to the lifeguard on duty
- Non-swimmers must stay in the shallow end of the pool and wear a lifejacket if a parent or guardian is not within arms-reach
- You are not permitted to use the facility if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Pool capacity is 65 people
- All children under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent
- Only approved flotation devices are permitted