To offer a high-quality educational experience in a supportive living-learning environment that is grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, that is current, and that is responsive both to our students’ personal and professional needs and to our communities’ needs.
To be the regional leader educating for success in the Real World. The distinctive combination of our people, programs, and place results in exceptional performance in preparing students for career and professional success.
The distinctive combination of our people, programs, and place results in exceptional performance in preparing students for career and professional success.
- Highly talented faculty of dedicated teachers and productive scholars facilitate the success of highly motivated and ambitious students in an up-close-and-personal learning environment.
- Caring and dedicated staff enhance a supportive living-learning environment, offering personalized assistance to facilitate success from admission to graduation.
- More than 21,000 alumni, as well as an enthusiastic community of donors and well-wishers, constitute a vital network facilitating the success of our students and graduates, making meaningful contributions to our world.
- Productive partnerships with area businesses foster economic development, create real world learning opportunities, and build relationships with future employers.
- Extensive faculty-staff community involvement fosters positive town/gown relationships and generates goodwill for our students and job seekers.
- Pitt-quality education with world-class standards of academic excellence appreciated by employers and recognized by top graduate schools alike.
- Highly sought after baccalaureate programs all grounded on liberal education with intense real world focus including engineering, nursing, justice administration & criminology, pre-medical professions, education, business and management information systems….
- Practical real world focused-learning experiences including mentored projects, guided internships, capstones and undergraduate research projects that link theory to practical applications.
- A unique collegiate experience through our signature Real World Action Program, which actively supports Career and Professional Development as well as Campus, Civic, and Global Engagement.
- Nearly 100 clubs and organizations as well as varied activities enrich the collegiate environment.
- NCAA Division II school boasting 15 competitive sports in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC), and great intramural opportunities.
- Nationally recognized for supporting veterans’ transition and success.
- National recognition for high levels of student engagement as illustrated in national surveys and commendations.
- Maximizing affordability and access through a broad range of scholarships, grants, work-study and other financial aid.
- A picturesque residential campus environment nestled in the Laurel Highlands with many state-of-the-art facilities that support excellence in learning and contribute to student success and learning inside and outside the classroom.
- A friendly campus where you will make many friends with a wide range of interests, backgrounds and pursuits.
- A safe place to live, learn, and play, away from the rough and tumble of larger and more metropolitan campuses.
- The Spirit of the Mountain Cat is everywhere…. This you have to discover and experience yourself! Visit us to find out about Mountain Cat Spirit.
- Key academic outcomes such as retention, student success rates, graduation rates, and readiness for the real world compare favorably and even outperform many top notch colleges and universities.
- Intensive career and job placement initiatives facilitate progress from admission to graduation, with focused guidance intended to help students find jobs and succeed in a competitive workplace in their career of choice. High placement rates in very good jobs!
- A world-class, Pitt-quality education comparable to quality private colleges ... a great value!