PITT-JOHNSTOWN BOARD MEMBER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Contributes to the development of the Association by participating in implementation of Association goals, participating in Association – sponsored activities, serving on committees as specified in the bylaws and representing the Alumni Association in University functions. A one-term commitment is required, which consists of three years of service. First term board members are eligible to serve a second consecutive term as an elected director.
Position Description and Responsibilities
- Attend meetings prepared to contribute to the discussion of issues and business
- Become familiar with the programs and activities sponsored by the Alumni
- Association and participate in the functions as much as possible.
- Avoid conflicts of interest between role as Board member and personal/professional life. Should conflicts arise, the Board must be informed and participation in discussion/voting will be prohibited.
- Exercise loyalty toward the Board and UPJ; If applicable, maintain confidentiality of sensitive issues, should they arise
- Actively identify, recruit and cultivate volunteers and event sponsors.
- Serve as an ambassador and advocate for the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown.
- Assist the Board of Directors in identifying and implementing programs that will increase the Alumni Association’s presence on campus and to the student body.
- The long-term goal is that continued development of the Association through new and loyal alumni.
- Assist in the evaluation of programs, offer ideas, and initiate activities.
- Support other Board members and staff in the performance of their duties.
What’s In It for You?
- Efficient use of time for projects related to the Alumni Association and the University
- Support and resources to accomplish projects
- Recognition and acknowledgment for efforts, service, and commitment
- Networking opportunities with other Pitt-Johnstown alumni
- Personal satisfaction by giving time to your Alma Mater
Conducts all business essential to operations of the Pitt Johnstown Alumni Association Membership
President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Past President, Standing and Project Committee Chairs (As appointed by the board) and Institutional Advancement Office Representative(s)
- Meets a minimum or four (4) times annually and more frequently as needed.
- Addresses all business in advance of regularly scheduled full Alumni Association meetings.
- Conducts all business in accordance with the requirements and timeframes set forth by the Association’s by-laws.
- Performs items of business or tasks suggested by the Board of Directors