Pitt-Johnstown Student Residency Requirement
Students enrolling Fall Term 2022 and beyond.
Recognizing that the value of the Pitt-Johnstown experience extends beyond the classroom and into the life of the University community and that research indicates that on-campus residency supports student persistence and success, the University requires all full-time first-year students to live in one of the on-campus residence halls for four consecutive semesters (fall/spring) and transfer students two consecutive semesters (fall/spring).
- Students who will reside with parent(s) or legal guardian, within a commuting distance of 50 miles from Pitt-Johnstown.
- Students over the age of 24.
- Students who are married and/or students with children.
- Transfer students who have completed a total of 4 regular semesters, including their prior college experience, or 60 credits.
- Students with qualifying medical conditions