University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

Transfer Students

Continuing your education at Pitt-Johnstown is a great decision. Earn a Pitt-quality degree among 70 programs of study in our positive learning atmosphere and at our beautiful campus! 

A transfer student is defined as someone who is or has been enrolled in another institution of higher learning and has completed 12 or more credits at another college. Transfer students to Pitt-Johnstown come from institutions such as community colleges, junior colleges, technical schools, four year colleges, and universities.

Transfer students under the age of 25 will find information below. For students over 25, please visit the Advanced and Continuing Education section.

Pitt-Johnstown's Transfer Requirements

  • High School Diploma or GED
  • 12 or more credits taken at another institution
  • At least a 2.0 QPA on the college level
  • If you attended more than one institution of higher learning, the 2.0 QPA requirement is a combined QPA across all college-level work.

Submitting Your Application for Admission

As a transfer student interested in applying for admission to Pitt-Johnstown, you must submit the following materials:

  • Application for Admission
  • Official High School Transcript
  • Official Transcript of All College Courses Taken at Other Schools
  • You must submit all college transcripts, whether or not you wish such courses be counted toward a degree at the University.

In addition, you may also include a personal essay or letters of recommendation, though they are not required.  We encourage you to submit an essay, as it allows you to highlight leadership, athletic, civic, and other talents that may not be apparent from a simple transcript or score report.

For more information on the transfer process, please contact Brett Haselrig, Director of Admissions at 814-269-7076 or

How do I relocate to Pitt-Johnstown from another Pitt campus?

Relocating to Pitt-Johnstown from another Pitt campus (Oakland, Greensburg, Bradford, Titusville) is a simple process. You should begin with the Academic Dean's office at the campus you are currently attending. They will be able to tell you the requirements needed to relocate and also provide you with the necessary paperwork. For more information on the relocation process, please contact our Registrar's Office at 814-269-7055 or

Will my college credits be accepted by Pitt-Johnstown?

Once you are admitted to Pitt-Johnstown, any college credits already earned will be evaluated by our Registrar's Office.  A transfer-credit evaluation will be sent to you following your notification of admission.

To learn more, please see the: