University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

Classes at a non-Pitt Johnstown Institution

Classes at a non-Pitt Johnstown Institution

A Pitt-Johnstown student is permitted to take courses at another institution. Students may attend a summer or special session of another accredited institution in order to supplement their programs if they are in good academic standing (Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.000).

Read the guidelines before submitting your permission form; incomplete forms will be returned.

A maximum of 2 summer or special sessions may be taken at other institutions, with a maximum of 2 courses a session. Students may submit more than two courses for approval, but only 2 courses on the authorization form will be eligible to transfer to Pitt-Johnstown. (The student will need to identify which 2 of the approved courses they will be taking.)   Any additional course(s) taken beyond the 2-course maximum will not transfer.

In order to receive appropriate credit for courses taken at another institution, students must submit the request form which may be obtained from the link below.  (Form is also available in the Registrar's Office.)

Be sure to review the list of guidelines before submitting the request. Once the form is complete, it should be returned to the Registrar's Office in 279 Blackington Hall or via email to

The Division Chair Signature does not guarantee that the request will be approved or that it has been approved. Students will be notified by the Registrar's Office via campus e-mail whether their request has been approved or denied. Requests must meet the Transfer Credit Policies.​

A listing of current course evaluations may be found under Transfer Credit Equivalencies. If your class choice does not appear in the equivalencies, attach a course description with your request form to be evaluated. You may contact the Registrar's Office with any questions regarding the equivalencies.