All students must report their vaccination status to the University at: Proof of Vaccination and Booster | Power of Pitt | University of Pittsburgh.
Students not considered fully vaccinated are REQUIRED to participate in the following containment measures:
- MANDATORY weekly virus testing. The University has partnered to make test kits available to students at no charge through Quest Laboratories. Failure to comply with the mandatory weekly testing will result in disciplinary action, including the loss of access to University buildings and activities.
- Contact tracing to identify potential exposure.
- Wear a face covering at all times while on campus, including outdoors, except when I your personal residence room.
- Quarantine and/or isolate if exposed or infected.
- Provide a negative COVID-19 test result before arrival. Students who are moving onto campus in January for the first time this academic year are required to provide a negative PCR test prior to their arrival. The test, which cannot be a rapid test, needs to be administered within 7 days of the students planned arrival date. An electronic copy of the results (a screenshot, pdf, etc.) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be approved to move onto campus. The copy must include the student's name, test date, test type (must be a PCR), and result.
Unvaccinated resident students who arrive on campus without a negative Covid-19 test will not be permitted to move onto campus and will be turned away regardless of the distance traveled. Those students will need to make other housing arrangements until a negative test result is obtained.
Vaccines are a game-changer. They protect individuals from serious illness, cut the risk of transmission and collectively reduce our reliance on broad mitigation approaches in favor of targeted containment strategies. This, in turn, minimizes the disruptions to our programs and activities while ensuring the safety of everyone on our campus.
For these reasons, the University of Pittsburgh is strongly advising everyone in our community to get fully vaccinated as soon as possible. If you are unvaccinated, please consider getting the shot.
We will be holding on-campus vaccine clinics throughout the fall semester.
Non-vaccinated students are required to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing through Quest Labs. Here are instructions on how to request your test kits:
- Set up a Quest account through this link and order a Quest test kit TODAY.
- Follow the instructions to order a test to your current address. If you live in University-housing or a residence hall, enter your on-campus mailing address.
- As soon as you receive the test, follow the instructions carefully on the testing kit to conduct an unobserved self-swab and return it immediately. You can drop your test in the collection bin outside of Health and Counseling Services (G-4 Student Union) or at your nearest FedEx drop box (not the US Mail Service or UPS).
- If you have errors or need technical assistance, please call Quest at 855-324-7472 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET Monday -Friday. After hours: 866-MYQUEST number 866-697-8378 and select “patient”
Failure to comply with these COVID-19 mitigration efforts has serious consequences including:
- Revocation of access to University buildings, including classrooms.
- Removal from University-owned housing.
Failure to adhere to these building restrictions will result in a referral to the Office of Student Conduct.
Additionally, if you miss class due to non-compliance with the University’s mandatory testing, instructors will not be required to accommodate your absence.