Welcome Class of 2027!
New Student and Transfer Orientation 2023
August 24-26, 2023
We are excited that you have chosen the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown to continue your academic journey. Our orientation team is eager to meet you and help you navigate the new student orientation program.
Our New Student Orientation program aims to achieve three goals:
- Prepare you for the academic rigor of a Pitt-Johnstown education.
- Further familiarize you with our beautiful campus and the facilities, amenities, and resources available to you.
- Establish a strong sense of community and Mountain Cat Pride!
FIVE HELPFUL TIPS TO GET YOU STARTED:
As we prepare for your arrival this fall, please take a moment to accomplish the following tasks:
- Complete the Online Orientation. Click the link, select the Johnstown campus. Please make sure to access this with your Pitt email. Your loved ones can access the orientation by creating a guest link and selecting Johnstown.
- Review the New Student and Transfer Orientation schedule! Please note that all move-in information for our residential students is found at this link! Commuter students are welcome to attend any of the evening activities that happen with our new students on Wednesday, August 23. However, we appreciate those commuters picking up keys for the Commuter In Residence Program to please arrive on campus to pick up those keys AFTER 3pm on the 23rd to help manage the move-in traffic. Otherwise, all commuting students are invited to arrive on Thursday, August 24 at Whalley Chapel for a Commuter Student Orientation where we will then unite you with your orientation groups for the weekend.
- Bookmark the Campus Event Calendar so you have up-to-the-minute information on events, activities, deadlines, opportunities and freebies that may occur on campus. Our "Weeks of Welcome" program kicks off on the final night of New Student Orientation and you are NOT going to want to miss out. Please scan QR codes around campus for updated event information!
- Begin to follow the @PittJohnstownactivities Instagram account. We will begin to introduce you to the orientation leaders who will help you learn about your new community. You will also see announcements and info about our active campus life. Give us a follow and see if you win some Mountain Cat Cash just by following and allowing us to follow you back!
- Review the Reminders and Suggestions sheet for things you will need in and out of the classroom to have a successful Pitt-Johnstown experience.
Bookmark this page for more information as it unfolds and follow the Pitt-Johnstown Class of 2027 Facebook group to connect with other future Mountain Cats and stay up to date on breaking news.
Have questions about the New Student and Transfer Orientation Program? Please email Heather Hall, Director of Campus Activities and Engagement at email@example.com.