Group housing is a great way to create an on-campus living environment where you and your friends can reside in the same location. Group housing is available in Willow Hall, Townhouses, College Park Apartment (4-person units), and lodges. Please note group housing is different from Club and Organizational Housing. Applications for 2022-2023 group housing will be available at 9 a.m., Thursday, March 3 and will close at noon, Monday, March 28.
What are the Requirements for Group Housing?
- A member of the group should be designated "group leader." This person will be responsible for submitting the application, checking email messages frequently and responding in a timely manner, and communicating with the group members. If a group is awarded group housing, the leader will be responsible for "booking" each student, meaning that person will make the housing assignments and enter each student's meal plan choice. Each group member will receive an email notifying them that they need to "accept" their invitation.
- All members of a group must have completed their 2022-2023 housing application, paid the $150 deposit, and accepted the invitation to a part of the group.
- A group must contain the required number of occupants for the location they are choosing:
- Willow Hall – 4 person and 5- person groups
- Townhouses – 4-person groups
- College Park Apartment – 4 person groups
- Lodges – 8-person groups.
- A student cannot be a member of more than one group housing application for the same housing type (i.e., Willow Hall), otherwise both groups will be disqualified. A student who is part of an organizational housing application cannot be listed on a group application, otherwise the group will be disqualified.
- Group housing is awarded on a seniority basis to groups with the required number of group members (a request for a private room will disqualify a group) that have the highest number of combined terms-in-residence (the number of full-terms each group member has resided on campus).
- Group applications for Willow Hall are reviewed and approved first, followed by townhouses, CPA, and lodges. If a group does not quality for Willow, that group will then have an opportunity to submit a group application for townhouses. If the group does not qualify for a townhouse, they can submit an application for CPA, etc.
Not part of a group?
Students who are not part of a group or are members of a group that did not qualify for group housing will be able to select their housing during "general room selection." A detailed email with instructions will be sent to all students the week of March 21. Students with an identified roommate (which must be indicated on their application) will participate in general room selection before students without identified roommates.