Residence halls close at 9 p.m., Friday, December 15.
Don't forget about self-service check-in/check-out!
Here are a few important reminders:
- Although residence halls are open until 9 p.m., Friday, December 15, you are required to leave campus within 12 hours of your last final exam. Please coordinate your travel plans accordingly.
- Remember to take all valuables and your room key with you when you leave for the break. You do NOT need to remove your other belongings (unless you are not returning in January).
- If you have travel challenges or other extenuating circumstances that prevent you from leaving prior to the residence hall closing, you can request permission to remain on campus until December 16 by submitting a Late-Stay Request. This form is available in the Johnstown Campus Housing and Dining Services task center. The deadline to submit the request is 5 p.m., Friday, December 8.
- For your safety you are not permitted back into your room after you have checked out unless you receive permission from the Housing Office.
- Students who stay beyond the 9 p.m. residence hall closing without permission are subject a fine for an "unauthorized stay." For your safety and the safety of our residential community, the University must know who is in the residence halls at all times.
- The University will be closed from Friday, December 22 until Tuesday, January 2. During that time our staff will not be available and it will not be possible to enter your residence hall for any reason.
- All building access will be deactivated during winter recess.
- Have a restful break!
If you are not returning in January, please remember to cancel your housing (in the Johnstown Campus Housing & Dining Services task center) and checkout with one of the RAs in your building/community.
Questions? Contact the Housing Office: 814-269-7115 or firstname.lastname@example.org