January 1, 2022
Happy New Year!
By now, you should have received email messages from the COVID Medical Response Office (CMRO) and President Spectar. Those messages contain important information regarding the start of spring semester classes. This message contains information specifically for RESIDENT students. This information applies to students who are fully vaccinated.
- You do NOT need to provide a test result prior to returning to campus.
- Due to the growing number of COVID-19 cases among fully vaccinated people, you will need to submit a Quest test once you arrive on campus. The reason for this is that, although fully vaccinated people experience much milder symptoms (or no symptoms at all) if they contract COVID, their ability to spread the virus to someone who is non-vaccinated remains high.
- Please order your test NOW and have it delivered to your on-campus address. You should drop off your completed test kit in the collection bin outside of Health and Counseling Services (G-4 Student Union). Quest will automatically report your symptoms to the University, so you will not need to provide our office with a copy of your results. Order your Quest test here.
- If you receive errors when requesting your test or need technical assistance, please call Quest at 855-324-7472 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET Monday -Friday. After hours: 866-MYQUEST number 866-697-8378 and select “patient”
- Arrival dates for the spring have not changed.
- If you have not yet received a booster and wish to (which we strongly encourage), a clinic is being scheduled for January.
The University is requiring all resident students to shelter-in-place from their arrival on campus until at least Jan. 13. During this time, meals from PJ's will be on a to-go basis only and the food court area will be closed for seating. The Tuck Shop and Pitt Stop will be open as usual for either in-person ordering or on-line ordering via BOOST.
As always, we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we respond to the unfortunate increase in COVID-19 cases across the country…and thank you for getting vaccinated. Please note our office does NOT have information regarding the status of your classes (remote vs. in-person). That information is available directly from your instructors.