The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is committed to creating an inclusive environment that reflects the richness of our pluralistic society. We develop programming to foster an environment of respect and civility, and to safeguard the dignity of all. By providing broader levels of intercultural engagement, we promote deeper respect for our common humanity and enrich the living-learning environment in which everyone is mutually valued and appreciated.
To achieve this mission, the Office of Equity and Inclusion:
- Monitors compliance with pertinent federal and state regulations to promote equal opportunity in recruitment and employment
- Serves as Ombudsperson to receive and respond to allegations of discrimination and discriminatory harassment.
- Advises administrators on appropriate employee recruitment protocols consistent with pertinent federal and state laws, and serve as resource for recruitment and searches
- Advocates for comprehensive efforts to promote a more inclusive and welcoming campus
- Serves as an informational resource, through the facilitation of workshops as appropriate
- Serves as the President’s liaison to campus and community groups
- Serves as liaison to University of Pittsburgh Office of Affirmative Action
Submit a Care Network Report
A Care Report is used to provide information to Student Affairs staff regarding concerns that you may have for a member of the University Community. These concerns include, but are not limited to, affirmative action, disability, emotional harassment, health, housing, and judicial procedures. You have the option to remain anonymous. Please click on the link to submit a Care Network Report. If you require assistance completing this form, please stop by any office within the Division of Student Affairs.
Nondiscrimination Policy Statement
The University of Pittsburgh, as an educational institution and as an employer, values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity and inclusion. Accordingly, as explained in Policy 07-01-03, the University prohibits and will not engage in discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability, or status as a veteran. The University also prohibits and will not engage in retaliation against any person who makes a claim of discrimination or harassment or who provides information in such an investigation. Further, the University will continue to take affirmative steps to support and advance these values consistent with the University's mission. This policy applies to admissions, employment, access to and treatment in University programs and activities. This is a commitment made by the University and is in accordance with federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
For information on University equal opportunity and affirmative action programs and complaint/grievance procedures, please contact:
266 Blackington Hall
University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Johnstown, PA 15904
For complete details on the University’s Nondiscrimination Policy, please refer to Policy 07-01-03. For additional information on how to file a complaint under this Policy, please refer to Procedure 07-01-03 or SHARE: share.pitt.edu.