Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! The Conference Center at Pitt-Johnstown is pleased to be considered a potential location for your special day.
We are delighted to offer wedding ceremony and reception services to those alliliated with the University. The bride or groom - or at least one of their parents or grandparents - must be a graduate, current full-time student or employee of the University of Pittsburgh.
The Conference Center was named "Best Wedding Venue” by Johnstown Magazine in 2015.
Policies and Procedures
In order to ensure that your event is planned correctly, we ask that you follow these procedures and criteria:
- All reservations and plans will be made directly through the Conference Center staff.
- Only those couples holding their wedding in Whalley Memorial Chapel will be permitted to hold a wedding reception in the Living-Learning Center. Exceptions will be considered for couples married in local churches with which they are affiliated.
- All food service must be provided by the Conference Center with the exception of the wedding cake, cookies, and alcoholic beverages.
- Pitt-Johnstown does not have a liquor license. We do not have the authorization to sell alcoholic beverages of any kind. However, we will supply bartenders to serve any alcoholic beverage purchased by the wedding party. No bulk containers of alcohol are permitted on the Pitt-Johnstown campus.
Pitt-Johnstown requires that all couples provide liability insurance for wedding receptions. As a result, the couple must obtain (and provide copies of the policy to the Conference Center) an additional insurance policy to cover the wedding reception. This coverage can be in one of two forms:
1) a rider on a current home owners’ insurance policy or
2) a policy for a one-time event outside of the home in the amount of $250,000. In both cases, Pitt-Johnstown must be listed as “Additionally Insured” on the policy. Evidence of the insurance coverage must be delivered to the Conference Center at least 90 days before the wedding reception.