The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is committed to providing students with a solid foundation for career and professional success. Student Affairs team members work closely with students to guide them in areas including civic engagement and citizenship, career preparation, collegiate involvement, and community engagement. This commitment to real-world readiness extends to recognizing students for outstanding achievement in the form of Real World Action Scholarships. Scholarships are awarded based on students’ class year:
- Freshmen - $300
- Sophomores - $300
- Juniors - $1,000
- Seniors - $2,000
In order to be eligible for a Real World Action Scholarship, applicants must:
- submit a completed application form,
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0,
- be currently enrolled on a full-time basis,
- have no current judicial sanctions, and
- prepare an essay (between 500 and 750 words) answering the following questions:
- While a student at Pitt-Johnstown, how you have seized opportunities in the following areas: 1) career preparation, 2) campus involvement, 3) community involvement, 4) civic engagement, and 5) making a difference in the world, and
- How have those opportunities helped to prepare you for the real world?
The application deadline is noon, Friday, April 6.