- Fall Break Thursday, October 14; Returning Sunday, October 17
- Thanksgiving Break: departing Friday, November 19; returning November 28
- Winter Recess: departing December 17; returning January 9, 2022
- Spring Recess: Friday March 4; Returning March 13
Seating is limited and registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Departures: Both buses depart from the front of Blackington Hall at 4:30 p.m.
- Pittsburgh passengers will be dropped off at the Waterfront (@ Dave & Buster's)
- Harrisburg passengers will be dropped off at the Harrisburg Mall (@ Macy's)
- Philadelphia passengers will be dropped off at the King of Prussia Mall (@Lord & Taylor)
- From Pittsburgh: Bus departs at 4 p.m. from the Waterfront @ Dave & Buster's and travels directly to Pitt-Johnstown. If you miss the bus, it will be your responsibility to find transportation to Johnstown at your own expense.
- From Philadelphia & Harrisburg: Bus departs Philadelphia (from the King of Prussia Mall @ Lord & Taylor) at 3 p.m. and travels to Harrisburg. Bus departs Harrisburg (Harrisburg Mall at Macy’s) at 4:30 p.m. and travels directly to Pitt-Johnstown. If you miss the bus, it will be your responsibility to find transportation to Johnstown at your own expense
HOW DO I GET THE MOST OUT OF THE MOUNTAIN CAT EXPRESS?
1. Watch your Pitt email for the announcement that the bus trip registration forms are live.
2. Go to https://calendar.pitt.edu/department/pitt_-_johnstown for all event information and the registration form.
3. If you need the return trip, please be sure to select that trip as well!
4. Select your trips and complete the waiver
5. Watch your email for information on joining the trip's GroupMe so that you can communicate with staff regarding the status of the travel.
6. Keep an eye on the GroupMe throughout the break in case there are announcements.
7. The Saturday before the departure, look for updates on travel for Sunday.
8. Communicate with Campus Activities and Engagement via GroupMe should you need to cancel your reservation. We typically have waiting lists, so please free up the seat for others if you are no longer boarding.
9. Arrive at least 15 minutes before departure time to board the bus. Please be respectful of your fellow Mountain Cats who need to get back to campus. If you are going to be significantly late, please plan alternate transportation. Handle all food purchases and personal stops before boarding so the bus is not waiting on you.
10. Be patient with the driver and with your peers. Weather and traffic are real challenges especially in winter months. Our priority is safety