All Pitt-Johnstown students are permitted to have motor vehicles on campus; however, all cars must be registered with the Office of Campus Police.
Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis, with exception of posted restricted areas.
- Any vehicle driven or parked on University property is done so at the risk of the owner and/or operator. The University is not responsible for damage to or loss of any vehicle or its contents.
- Any vehicle parked on campus must be registered and bear a valid Pitt-Johnstown parking permit (hanging tag).
- Restricted spaces are marked accordingly and in effect seven-days per week, 24 hours a day.
- Pedestrians have the right-of-way at all times.
- Except where more restrictive rules are published or posted by Pitt-Johnstown, all provisions of the vehicle code of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania are applicable and enforced on campus property by the Pitt-Johnstown Campus Police and the Richland Township Police.
- Parking must be renewed every academic year.
- Parking fines are issued for those who do not follow the parking guidelines. More information is listed below.
- Log into Campus Services to register your vehicle. Payment information can be found here.
- After payment is made parking permits can be picked up at the Campus Police Office, located in the Physical Plant Building.
- Parking permits (hang tag) must be displayed on the rear view mirror with the number color code facing the windshield. This must be removed when the vehicle is in motion.
- Permits are issued for specific parking areas and are valid only in those areas.
- All vehicle registration fees are based on credit hours.
Parking fines are paid at the Business Office in 125 Blackington Hall. Payment can be made during normal business hours with cash, check, or credit card. Card payments are accepted over the phone by calling 814-269-7040. The Business Office also has a secure drop box where fine payments can be submitted during non-business hours. Be sure to seal cash or check in the orange ticket envelope. To dispute a ticket, you must contact the Campus Police department. Their office is located in the Physical Plant Building and their phone number is 814-269-7005.
Information on enforecment can be found below:
- Vehicles parked or operated in violation of rules will be ticketed (fined), towed, or both as follows:
a. Failure to register vehicle
b. Failure to display permit
c. Parking in reserved spaces
d. Operating a motor vehicle on pedestrian walkways
e. Hindering snow removal
f. Failure to display parking permit
g. Parking in fire lane
h. Failure to park within designated painted lines
i. Parking in visitor's parking lot
j. Blocking traffic
k. Parking on lawn
l. Parking in a handicap space
- Fines paid within five days of receipt of tickets are assessed at the rate stated above. Failure to pay fines will result in the holding of transcripts or grades or prosecution through the PA Motor Vehicle Code.
- Appeals must be made within five days or the right to appeal is automatically waived. Appeals, which can only be made only after the fine has been paid, should be made by completing the appropriate form in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Certain parking spaces on campus are reserved for disabled individuals. Vehicles parked in these spaces must have appropriate registration. Unauthorized vehicles parked in these spaces will be cited or towed at owner's expense.
- Towing of vehicle by Pitt-Johnstown's Public Safety Department is permitted under Section 3353 of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code.
- Accumulation of three or more unpaid parking tickets, failure to pay tickets within 30 days, or failure to register will result in judicial charges filed or towing of vehicle.
The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown will not be responsible or liable for personal articles vandalized, stolen, or damaged.