A Pitt-Johnstown education is an investment in your future. It is our commitment to make higher education accessible and affordable. When you apply for admission, you are automatically considered for an academic scholarship. The scholarship is determined by the combination of your high school gpa and supplemental information such as standardized exam score and class rank (if provided).
2023-24 Academic Scholarships
- Freshman Pennsylvania residents are eligible to receive $1,000 - $4,000 per year ($4,000 - $16,000 over four years).
- Freshman Non-Pennsylvania residents are eligible to receive $1,000 - $6,000 per year ($4,000 - $24,000 over four years).
- Transfer students are eligible to receive $1,000 - $3,000 per year.
Academic scholarships are renewable up to four years or completion of first undergraduate degree from Pitt-Johnstown, provided the following conditions are met:
- Maintain full-time (12 or more credits) status in the fall and spring semesters.
- Meet satisfactory academic progress guidelines at Pitt-Johnstown.
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
These scholarships are only applicable at Pitt-Johnstown and students can only receive one of these awards.
REB COMMUTER SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship provides funding to cover full tuition, required fees, books, and parking registration to selected recipients for up to four years or completion of bachelor's degree.
- New First-Time Freshman for the Fall 2023 semester.
- Reside in Bedford, Cambria, Indiana, Somerset, or Westmoreland counties in Pennsylvania and have commuter status.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by federal guidelines.
- Display exceptional academic performance (i.e. top 15% of class, 1200 SAT/25 ACT or higher, etc).
To receive full consideration, students should submit the following information by February 10:
- Application for admission and required materials
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (008815 school code)
- REB Commuter Scholarship Application
REB Commuter Scholarship applicants will be notified of their status by April 1st. Students not selected will still be considered for academic scholarship and institutional aid from the university.
Visit https://my.pitt.edu and search for PittFund$Me to search for additional institutional scholarships and to create your profile.