Pitt-Johnstown faculty and staff are welcome to eat in any of the campus’ retail locations, which include the Tuck Shop (Freshens, Grill27, Subway, Tso Good), Pitt Stop, Pizza Pitt, and The Daily Grind. All locations accept MasterCard, Visa, or Mountain Cat Cash (which is cash added to your ID card through the Business Office) for payment (Chartwells is a cashless operation). Employees can also enjoy chef-prepared meals in the campus dining hall, known as PJ's Restaurant or from any exchange location using the Mountain Cat Employee Meal Plan. PJ's features 8 different stations including allergen-free, plant-based, pasta and pizza, and made-to-order selections from a variety of ethnic cultures. A complete list of all campus dining options is available at: www.johnstown.pitt.edu/dining-services/locations-hours.
Mountain Cat Employee Meal Plan
The Mountain Cat Employee Meal Plan is available to all full- and part-time faculty and staff wishing to dine in PJ's or utilize the Meal Exchange program. Meals can be purchased in blocks of 8 for $80 and can be used during any meal period in PJ’s. With the walk-in rate for lunch being $14 and dinner being $15, the plan can offer considerable savings. The Mountain Cat Employee Meal Plan can also be used to purchase lunch at the Picnics on the Patio held over the summer. Here’s how it works:
- Once purchased, meals will be added to your account via your ID card.
- To use a meal, simply swipe your ID card upon entry into PJ's or swipe it at any retail location where a meal exchange is available (you can also order your meal exchange using Boost).
- One meal can be used per dining period (take-out meals are not available from PJ's). Lunch: Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Dinner: 4-7 p.m. | Brunch: Saturday and Sunday, 11:00 a.m.-2 p.m.
- The meals can be used only by the employee/ID card holder. No guests or family members are permitted to use meals on the plan.
- Students, including those employed by the University, are not eligible to participate in this plan.
- The Mountain Cat Employee Meal Plan cannot be used to buy items in any of the Chartwells retail locations except for a meal exchange where available.
- Unused meals will not expire as long as the faculty or staff member is actively employed at Pitt-Johnstown.
- Meals have no retail value.
Purchasing the Plan
The Mountain Cat Employee Meal Plan can be purchased via credit/debit card on Campus Services (look for the Mountain Cat Employee Meal Plan module). Please allow up to one full business day for meals to be available on your account. You will be able to view your meal balance online at Campus Services or when you swipe into the Dining Hall. To purchase additional blocks of meals, log into Campus Services.
Mountain Cat Cash
Mountain Cat Cash turns your Mountain Cat ID card into a debit card that can be used in all of the Chartwells dining locations as well as the Bookstore. Cash is added to your card through the Business Office and can be used with a swipe of your card. For more information, visit: www.johnstown.pitt.edu/MtnCatCash.
Contact Housing and Dining Services (email@example.com).