Students Who Live on Campus Enjoy Many Advantages
Beyond convenience, living on Pitt-Johnstown's scenic campus is a chance to develop strong social ties and become involved in a campus community.
When a student decides to Live On Campus, they increase their chance to gain educational and personal growth in a safe, supportive environment.
- Kayla Lamison, Class of 2018
"I choose to stay on campus because I want to be close to my friends and peers, while also being able to take a 10-minute walk to get to my class from my room."
— Madison Neill, Class of 2020
"Choosing to reside on campus, rather than commuting every day, was a no-brainer. Living in conjunction with my peers has allowed me to forge rewarding friendships and join a community bursting with opportunities for professional, social, and personal growth."
— Aaron Miller, Class of 2019
#LiveOnCampus | Facebook | Twitter
Pitt-Johnstown offers guaranteed housing throughout a student's college career, and presents returning students with the following advantages:
- There is no rent increase during the school year
- No additional charge for utilities
- Free laundry
- Quick response from Facilities Management and Campus Police
- Resident Assistants at your service
- Walk to class – there's no need to find a parking space
According to the American Council on Education, studies indicate that students living on campus are more likely to:
- Complete college in four years
- Earn a higher grade point average
- Become involved in academic and non-academic activities
- Are more satisfied with their college experience
- Benefit from faculty-student mentorship opportunities
Students who return to campus after their first year have several housing options. There are a variety of settings, from apartment and suite-style to more traditional double rooms.
Office of Student Housing
163 Student Union
450 Schoolhouse Rd
Johnstown, PA 15904
814-269-7115 | Fax: 814-269-7117