Once you have submitted your tuition deposit, we will begin preparations for your campus arrival. The University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh campus, will provide you with two essential items.
1. Form I-20 for F-1 Student Status or Form DS-2019 for J-1 Student Status (if applicable) - You will need this original document in order to make an appointment for your Student Visa.
2. Username and Password - Computing Services and Systems Development (CSSD) will issue a username and password that will allow you access to on-line self-service areas of the Pitt-Johnstown website and the MyPitt Portal. You must visit Campus Services to view your assigned self-service sections.
- Housing Accommodations. You may register online for on-campus housing. A $150 (US) deposit is required. The deposit will appear as a credit on your Spring (January) semester invoice.
- Health Requirements. Access the electronic student health form and:
- Enter Username and Password
- Complete form AND upload immunization records
- When completing your health information online:
- Upload copies of all immunization records.
- Bring immunization records to campus.
- Immunizations need to be in English.
- The University requires TWO Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccines AND TWO Varicella vaccines. A single Measles OR a single Mumps OR a single Rubella vaccine does NOT satisfy the requirement for a MMR vaccine. These immunizations are MANDATORY for all students and should be completed before arriving in the United States. It is less expensive and more convenient to have your immunizations completed in your home land.
- Prior to arriving in the United States, all international students MUST have USA health insurance coverage for the entire schoolyear for every term enrolled. USA health insurance can be purchased on-line or through the University:
- Log on to: http://www.upj.pitt.edu
- Click on: Campus
- Click on: Health and Counseling Services
- Drop down menu to: Health Services
- Click on: International Students Mandatory Health Insurance Requirements
After arriving on campus, establish a USA cell phone number that is set up to accept messages and update your cell number with Health Services, Student Union G-10.
- Placement Exams (if applicable). You may also register online for placement exams. Please note that these exams are offered at various times throughout the year. If you will not be in the United States during the placement exam dates, special arrangements will be made for you to take them when you arrive.
- Dining Services - Although you cannot register on-line for a meal plan, we suggest that you review your meal plan options before coming to campus. Once you arrive, the staff at the Conference in the Living/Learning Center will assist you with your meal plan purchase.